Wishlist Contact Us My Account
Showing all 8 results
DRY AND STRONG MAKES 40 PINTS OF SCRUMBY
Ensure that all equipment is clean.
1.place the bags of hops into a clean saucepan and cover with 2 liters of boiling water , leave for 20 minutes, then pour into your fermenter.
2.repeat 1 again twice to get all flavour from the hops.
3. add the bag of malt extract to your fermenter and stir until dissolved. add you sugar
4. top up with water up to 5 gallons (23 litres) AND STIR VIGOROUSLY for five minutes to oxygenate , when the temperature is between 20c and 25c add the yeast and stir again briefly.
5. cover and leave to ferment at 18c -22c.
6. after 5-7 days fermentation should be over . siphon into another vessel with an airlock and stir gently
7. after 2 days this will be ready for bottling or barrylling siphon adding sugar 1/2 teaspoon per pint or 100 grams for a barrel .
8 place you beer in a warm pace for 7 days and somewhere cool for 7 days .ENJOY!
Makes a nice dark malty bread
Nicely rounded bread, the most popular type.
A continental style bread, light coloured and tasty
A nice full bodied Yorkshire style bread. BIt stronger than the other mixes, more character